MDN: Memphis in May Packs $88 Million Punch
The Memphis in May International Festival, in addition to goals that include cultivating international relationships, had a major impact this year on the Memphis area economy – to the tune of $88 million.
Meanwhile, among other highlights of the 2016 festival in the Younger Associates report:
• Overall festival attendance was pegged at more than 265,000.
• Total visitor spending created by the 2016 festival was $38.3 million.
• The Beale Street Music Festival, the largest event associated with the overall festival, drew almost 53,000 visitors from at least 50 miles beyond Memphis.
• Spending by non-resident visitors to the 2016 Beale Street Music Festival totaled almost $21 million.
The 2017 Memphis in May International Festival dates are:
• Beale Street Music Festival: May 5-7
• International Week: May 8–14
• World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest: May 17-20
• 901Fest: May 27
• Great American River Run: May 28