Choose901: Memphis Foodie News from Around the Bluff City
In a city as vast and changing as Memphis, it can be hard to stay up on all of the awesome things happening around The Bluff City. To help keep you updated, here’s a list of what’s happening in the news:
- Memphis will welcome a new build-your-own-pizza place in early December. Pizza Rev has announced plans to open three locations in Memphis, with the first scheduled to open at 6450 Poplar Ave., Suite 119 near International Paper… On the grand opening day, Pizza Rev will offer “pay what you want” pizzas with all proceeds benefiting Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital. Connect with them on Facebook for more details as the opening gets closer.
- Sushi Jimmi, Memphis’ very own sushi food truck, is set to open a brick and mortar location at 2895 Poplar Ave… And if you just can’t get enough Sushi Jimmi, catch him on an episode of Food Network’s Chopped airing soon.
- The Commercial Appeal has confirmed that Huey’s has announced plans to open a new Millington location in April 2017…
- Imagine Vegan Cafe has found a new home at 2158 Young Avenue… As they transition into their new space, the vegan hotspot has started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for a vegan soft serve machine to add to their wide array of vegan offerings.
- Paradox Catering & Consulting and Chef Jimmy Gentry have launched a new venture called Paradox Underground Experience. The new dining experience is meant to be a “culinary speakeasy” with secret locations, perfect wine and dinner pairings, and an air of mystery. For those lucky enough to secure a ticket, the information is only revealed 48 hours before the scheduled dinner. Go here to learn more about membership.
- A new, local coffee bar called Crave Coffee Bar and Bistro is under construction in Arlington. The Memphis Business Journal reports that the business will open at 11615 Highway 70, 38002 (the old Yogurt Mountain space)…
- Le Jardin Gourmet to Go is coming to Chickasaw Crossing at 2877 Poplar Avenue. The gourmet meal pick up is scheduled to open on December 1…
- Germantown’s beloved Miss Muff’n Bakery is hosting an open house on November 12 to celebrate 29 years in business….