MDN: Memphis Seeks Online Input On Road, Bike Lane Projects
The city of Memphis’ Engineering Division has launched an online public input survey regarding the design proposals for 10 street repaving projects outlined at its March 27 open house.
The 10 proposals include these street segments:
• North Highland Street – Summer Avenue to Walnut Grove Road
• Riverside Drive – Jefferson Avenue to Beale Street
• North Perkins Street – Summer Avenue to Walnut Grove Road
• Hickory Hill Road – Mt. Moriah Road to Winchester Road
• Knight Arnold Road – Hickory Hill Road to Ridgeway Road
• Riverdale Road – Winchester Road to Shelby Drive
• Cooper Street – Washington Avenue to Central Avenue
• Getwell Road – Park Avenue to Interstate 240.
• Airways Boulevard – Shelby Drive to the Mississippi state line
• Mendenhall Road – Knight Arnold Road to Mt. Moriah RoaD
All of the proposed designs except Getwell include bike lanes.
The online survey, as well as the public comment period, will close April 17. City officials will review all comments received and, based on that feedback, will determine how to proceed with each design proposal. Projects could reach construction by fall 2017.