MDN: Start Co. Teams Hit Key Business Milestones
Six of Start Co.’s alumni teams have hit major business milestones recently.
The teams participated in the summer accelerator programs in 2013, 2014 and 2015 as well as participating in post-acceleration activities to continue to build their businesses.
• Graph Story, which provides graph databases, applications and solutions as a service, has raised more than $1 million to date and reached break-even. It’s currently working toward its next major round of investment capital.
• Cabsolutely, which connects taxi fleets with passengers via a mobile app and digital dispatching, has raised $600,000 to date.
• Preteckt, a diagnostic tool for the trucking industry, has raised $750,000 to date and is deployed in 127 trucks and eight pilot fleets. It’s using the funding to solidify major collaborations in 2017 and recently received funding from the 500 Startups Seed Fund.
• Front Door, an interface to the full-service real estate industry for home sellers, has raised $415,000 and has reached break-even. Front Door says it’s saved homeowners nearly $2 million in commissions to date and is expanding nationally.
• Boosterville, a card-linked marketing and fundraising platform that connects merchants to cause-driven buyers, has raised $830,000 as of January to scale up its business and revenue.
• Code Crew, an organization that develops courses, workshops, outreach programs and open source curriculum to make computer science education affordable and accessible, has raised $350,000 in grant money and earned more than $100,000 in revenue since its founding in 2015.
Programming for the 2017 Summer of Acceleration will begin at Start Co. on May 1.