MBJ: Memphis named good place to retire
Zumper, a company specializing in apartment and home rentals, recently published a list of its best places to retire in the United States.
Memphis came in a No. 46 out of the metro areas ranked.
Zumper gave the Memphis metro a B ranking, using factors including:
- Percentage of population over 65
- Median income of all households
- Housing cost/household income
- Median value of owner occupied houses with and without a mortgage
- Median real estate taxes
- Number of doctor/physician offices per capita
- Total crime rate per 100,000 inhabitants
- Annual average possible sunshine
- Annual average minimum temperature
- Annual average total snowfall
- Median rent for two bedroom units